There are amazing ways in which technology has seeped into our daily lives to make them more convenient. One such way is how we perceive healthcare today. Get prescriptions without hospital visits and medicines without pharmacy visits, and keep better track of your illnesses without leaving your home. All of this is possible thanks to technology.
One such way we are benefited from technology is the doctor-on-demand app. It is increasingly popular with features that let you call a doctor on demand and get the medical advice you want. If you are a doctor or healthcare provider who wishes to enter this market segment, this article talks about what a doctor on-demand app development is and how it will help to revolutionize the healthcare industry.
Doctor On-Demand Apps: What are They and Why are they So Popular?
A doctor on-demand app is an app that facilitates virtual consultations with doctors via video conferencing. It can be done from anywhere, even at home, as all it takes is a stable internet connection and the doctor’s availability. Doctor-on-demand apps are becoming virally popular due to many reasons.
Advantages for patients
– Remote access: Seeing a doctor when one is not well is not a pleasant experience. Especially if the doctor in concern is in a far-off city. With a doctor on-demand app, this is made possible.
– Affordable services: With a doctor’s on-demand app, there is no need to travel distances, waste time in queues, and take leaves at work, leading to lower expenses.
– Better medical adherence: With better and regular follow-ups and easier interaction with medical professionals, the outcomes of the treatments are also better.
– Less paperwork: With appointments and registration all made online, there is very little paperwork involved, only electronic records.
Advantages for Practitioners
– Better work-life balance: Doctors can have better access to their work without having to travel distances between the offices and patients’ homes.
– More business than peers: Cutting-edge technology like a doctor’s on-demand app is much better than traditional visits. Customers would prefer it over the hassles of going physically to a clinic, giving you an advantage in competition.
– Higher returns: with a doctor on-demand app, the expenses spent on staff, equipment, and infrastructure are considerably lower, while the inflow of patients is higher.
How Does a Doctor On-Demand App Work?
Using a doctor on-demand app is as easy as using any other app with GPS. Here is the average user journey:
- Download the app, set up a profile, and submit a description of illnesses and problems.
- Specialists related to the problems are listed from the area detected via GPS.
- The patient picks a doctor, the date and time from the doctor’s calendar according to availability.
- The consultation takes place, e-prescription is provided along with the required course of medical action.
- The payment is made through a secure payment portal.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Investing in On-Demand App Development
Before creating an on-demand doctors app, there are certain things you need to ask yourself. These questions can be used as a checklist to ensure you are on the right path. Here they are:
– Who is my target audience?
Once you know the kind of users who will be using your app, you can consider how it can fit their needs and make it more user-friendly.
– Do I have a good network of doctors, to begin with?
You must certify doctors from different streams to be part of your telemedicine app.
– What features should I include?
You need to be certain about the features you will include in the app. Some non-negotiable features are a camera, map, payment portal, etc.
– What are the compliances I need to be aware of?
You must be aware of the different app integrations, certifications, and medical acts you must follow.
– What technology stack should I use?
The kind of technology you use reflects on the end-user experience. Without the best-suited tech stack, your app cannot be smooth and easy to use.
– What is my budget?
Without knowledge of the kind of budget you have, you cannot make viable plans.
Technologies and Tech Stack for Your Doctor On-Demand App
Let us take a quick look at the kind of tech stack required to make a doctor on-demand app.
- Web App
- Paytm API
- PayPal API
- Razorpay API
- GoogleMapsSDK (Android)
The different technologies used in a doctor on-demand app include:
– AI and ML: Artificial intelligence and machine learning are an integral part of apps these days to ensure better user experience
– Blockchain: Blockchain has found wide implementation in telemedicine apps to ensure the security of sensitive data as well as easy access to records
– Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality: The use of VR and VR on telemedicine apps helps make interactions more effective as doctors can better inform patients about their conditions with such technology
– 5G: With 5G, the connectivity speed becomes manifold, making the whole process more effective and seamless.
– Voice Search: with voice search, users can use their voice to make it more convenient and user-friendly.
– Third-party integration: The app can use third-party integrations for features like ERP, shipping & logistics, Chatbots, email, Payment gateways, analytics, etc.
How to Choose the Right On-Demand App Development Partner?
Making an on-demand doctor app is not easy. There are a lot of complicated things that come together to make the app possible. Finding the right developers, tech stack, designers, budget, time frame, and so much more affect the output. One way would be to do it with an in-house team. However, we focus only on an external option for obvious reasons like expenses and time.
A doctor appointment booking app development partner would ideally have the following:
– A rich experience.
– A good client list.
– Impressive portfolio.
– Willing to work within your parameters.
– Flexibility to work with your ideas.
If you are looking for one such development team, you need not look any further.
Why Trust EMed HealthTech With Your Doctor App?
EMed HealthTech is a leading custom software development company for the healthcare industry. We have been providing comprehensive healthcare IT consultation focusing on technology, healthcare, and marketing. We empower our clients to improve customer experience and engagement. Without tech products, we ensure healthcare practitioners improve their health outcomes and increase revenue generation.
Our prestigious client list and the long list of previous projects speak volumes about our experience. Contact us today to make an appointment and start your app development journey.
FAQs About Doctor On-Demand App
1. What is a doctor on-demand app?
A doctor on-demand app provides a virtual consultation platform with doctors. Patients can now consult doctors from the comfort of their homes.
2. How much does the doctor on-demand app development cost?
The cost varies according to the app’s size and complexity it has. There is no fixed price as such
3. How to know if you should invest in a doctor on-demand app?
If you are a healthcare practitioner willing to take the leap into the technology of the future and be on the side of industry leaders, then this investment suits your journey.