The pervasive nature of technology and its immense applications has transformed the face of pharmacies. From being just a place to get your meds to a business that focuses on customer relations and automation, the way a pharmacy function has been revolutionized by technology. Independent pharmacies that are reluctant to accept the new tech are finding themself losing out on the game.
This article looks at pharmacy software used to automate and optimize the operations of a pharmacy and specifically looks at how each of its features benefits the pharmacy by driving its efficiency. We also look at how online pharmacy software development happens.
What is a Pharmacy Software Development?
Online pharmacy apps, pharmacy software, information systems, or pharmacy management systems improve pharmacy operations, promote better patient health outcomes and increase revenue for the pharmacy. They track and report drug costs, usage, correct medication process, compliance, and patient safety.
Pharmacy software consists of a connected computer system with multiple access points, and a user interface with the patient’s profiles, inventory management, drug information, and billing options. Depending upon the pharmacy software you use, more features may or may not be available. These systems can be integrated with other systems, like a hospital management system.
Some of the significant features of pharmacy management software are discussed below.
1. Inventory Management System: Pharmacy owners can keep track of the drug supply and make data-driven decisions. Connect ERP software, online stores, and marketplaces and keep a record of stock levels. Add products with various SKU (stock-keeping units) codes. Eliminates challenges for product availability.
2. Customer Management System: Manage customer data like contacts, health records, feedback, etc., in an automated solution. Pharmacists can use feedback and reviews to make better business strategies. The automated system adds new contacts to the list with every update.
3. Supply management: Pharmacists can integrate with wholesalers and seamlessly place purchase orders. Refilling stock, product performance tracking, and stock levels with a supply management module.
4. Sales management: Pharmacy software helps you to easily and efficiently manage your sales. Now you can keep track of every sale, the price of every drug and equipment sold, and also the profit made. You can also analyze your pharmacy business prospect and the flow of cash, and get the information you required to optimize the whole sales process.
5. Reports: Pharmacy management software stores large amounts of data regarding sales, purchases, and overall performance. All of these data are aggregated into reports. These reports can be used for business strategy, inspection, and even insights into operations.
6. Integration with Third-party Software: Manage back-office operations, data flow between inventory data, e-prescription software, patient records, POS (point of sale), etc. The software can manage third-party software for messages and alerts, insurance claims, etc, via integration.
Let us now look at how these features of pharmacy software increase the efficiency of a pharmacy.
How Does Pharmacy Software management Increase Efficiency?
Pharmacy management software is a significant upgrade to the operations of a pharmacy. It increases the performance and efficiency of its operations. Let us look at how the features mentioned earlier come together to increase the efficiency of a pharmacy. Read about the online pharmacy services that can benefit from pharmacy apps and websites.
Better Customer Experience
Pharmacy management software allows you to store a lot of data about a customer in the system. The purchase history of the customer, insurance information, and other medical data. All of these are valuable in building a good customer relationship. With this information, you can personalize services from the pharmacy. You can cater to the customer’s specific needs, follow up on their prescriptions and refill as per schedule. You can send out customized text messages intimating them of upcoming refills.
Pharmacists can also keep track of their allergies and provide drugs that suit them. They can also give information on drug interactions and counteractions of drugs. Pharmacists can also suggest economical options for medicines and even suggest recurring plans for long-term illnesses. All of these increase customer satisfaction and retention, thus increasing the efficiency of the operations.
Good Resource Management
A lot of resources pass through a pharmacy. Managing them efficiently increases the overall efficiency of the pharmacy. Resources can be efficiently allocated and accounted for with the different features of the pharmacy software.
All your available stock of medicines and equipment and out-of-stock items can be accounted for using the inventory management feature. Orders dispatched to your customers, special orders, and incoming orders can all be tracked, and reports made using the order tracking feature.
All the billing activities of incoming and outgoing transactions can be managed with the invoicing functionality. You can make better decisions that improve your business with a better understanding of your financial matters. Online software can account for the business matters of multiple locations with a single platform.
Reduces Billing and Medication Errors
As a place that makes many transactions, there is always a chance for error in a pharmacy. That is when pharmacists did everything manually, with pen and paper. In the digital age, the chances of error have also significantly reduced. Most errors occur either in the billing department, where there is some counting error or in the dispensing department, where the medicine given is not the one prescribed. With computerized billing and e-prescriptions, transactions are much more efficient, improving the overall efficiency of the pharmacy.
Offering Online Services
The pandemic and the boom of online services have made pharmacies a leading player in the online market. You’d be surprised to know how willingly customers choose an online pharmacy over a brick-and-mortar store. It would be a miss to not provide your services online too. Here is how B2B online pharmacies are bound to speed up the digital transformation of local pharmacies.
Good pharmacy software provides the provisions to engage customers through online sales portals. With effective cloud integration, your business can soar online as well. With an online business up and running, you are making the most out of your resources and thus enhancing your business prospects. Your pharmacy will have a larger customer base and better brand awareness with an online business.
Effective Sales Management
Good pharmacy software can manage your sales efficiently. It can track all the sales happening at your pharmacy. With this feature, you will know in detail about every sale, the price of each medicine or equipment sold, and the profit made with each transaction. All of these data can be aggregated to generate reports that give insights into your business. Backed with the proper data, you can optimize your business. For example, you can look at the reports, know what sells well and what doesn’t, and then replace the slower-moving item with an in-demand item.
Now that you know how beneficial it is to have online pharmacy software to run your pharmacy, you can give your pharmacy an edge with pharmacy app development. Our team at EMed HealthTech is fully dedicated to building your online pharmacy software with finesse. As developers of the best pharmacy apps for pharmacies worldwide, we will help your business grow and thrive through well-designed, stable, and secure apps. To know more, get in touch with us today and start a free trial of SaaS pharmacy software at EMed HealthTech!
Medicine Delivery App
Medicine Delivery App: Key Features, Cost and More
Medicine Delivery App Development: Key Features, Cost, and MoreRead more
Online Pharmacy Service: Benefits of Building Pharmacy App & Website
Online Pharmacy Service: Benefits of Building Online Pharmacy App & WebsiteRead more