Healthcare and technology have found new grounds for collaboration with the various forms of virtual health care via Telemedicine apps. Be it for your appointment with your doctor, collecting blood reports, or even tracking your general well-being and vitals, there is a technological solution for it today.
Healthcare technology has eased the many problems we face from the conventional healthcare system. Virtual healthcare in the form of virtual doctor visits, mobile pharmaceuticals, laboratory service, and health records management has become a household name as well as a need of time. The shift to technologically advanced solutions that are convenient is inevitable.
Let us then take a look at what the numbers suggest:
- Although telemedicine or virtual healthcare has been around for a long time, its usage saw an all-time spike in April of 2020. The usage of virtual healthcare during April 2020 was 78x higher than in February 2020, according to McKinsey and Company.
- The Asia-Pacific regions reported a surge from 4% to 56% during 2021, as per a survey by Willis Towers Watson.
- The Indian telemedicine industry is predicted to have a CAGR of 23.89% from 2020-2025 according to biresearch.com.
Apart from the response from the patients, healthcare providers are also eagerly adopting virtual care and telemedicine software solutions. According to the survey by COVID-19 Healthcare Coalition, more than 60% of healthcare providers found telehealth applications more convenient and more than 50% found more work satisfaction.
What is Healthcare Software Development?
Many different software solutions are designed to help the functioning of healthcare personnel or centers. They perform a broad range of activities that optimize performance, manage data, cut down the time taken and reduce costs in the process of imparting healthcare services.
Healthcare software is used by both healthcare service providers as well as receivers. Hence it has features as well as specific user interfaces that cater to both ends. Each healthcare software is made to suit the needs of the situation, be it a large hospital or a small clinic.
Healthcare software can thus be considered a broad name for all the different applications that cater to the healthcare industry. We will discuss more of the different types below.
Different Types of Healthcare Software
It is no secret that the prevalence of smartphones and tablets has enabled the use of healthcare software on a large scale. There are umpteen apps that provide some sort of healthcare service. Be it a platform to connect to a healthcare provider or one that promotes general wellness, the numbers keep on growing.
Healthcare apps can be divided in a broad stroke into two- for healthcare providers and patients or general users. The apps and the functionalities that cater to each are vastly different from the others.
Custom Healthcare Software for Patients
The software designed for patients and general users is designed to solve one or the other health issue, monitor health, etc. These apps allow them to seek medical attention if needed. Here are some of the different types of custom software developed for patients.
- Healthcare accessibility software: These are software that allows users who need medical consultation to seek it personally. These are designed to be multifaceted, one of which serves the patient. It allows for easy and convenient consultation which would otherwise take a lot of time and money. It may also have features that allow users to access their laboratory reports, access pharmacies to place orders, and store medical history and access it with ease.
- Mental Health Software: Virtual care has created greater access to mental health services. There is dedicated software that provides the platform for consultations, therapy sessions, etc.
- Health monitoring software: These are the most prevalent form of healthcare software. They provide a plethora of services that help manage health issues. They allow patients to keep track of their illnesses.
- Medication and pharmaceutical services: These apps allow patients to virtually place orders for their medicines, make subscription offers for long-term medications, and more. There are also apps designed to remind patients to take medication on time.
- Lifestyle apps: These are applications that guide users to lead healthy eating habits and hobbies that promote general wellness.
- Fitness apps: These apps cater to those who are looking for personalized solutions to their fitness problems. Solutions like exercise, yoga, activities like sports, and diet plans to help achieve fitness goals.
Custom Healthcare Software Development for Healthcare Professionals
When it comes to custom software development for healthcare practitioners or providers, it caters to a lot of different categories of people and services. Some of these apps have more than one functionality and some have all. Depending upon the need of the medical care facility, they are:
- Telehealth: Applications that provide a platform for healthcare providers to impart their services are referred to as telehealth applications. Telemedicine apps and Doctor appointment booking apps are used by doctors for consultations and make it very convenient for both the doctor and the patient.
- Hospital management software: These are software that is integrated into the hospital system to enable smooth and optimized functioning of the different aspects of a hospital. It also provides data management capabilities, insurance, and payment processing, administrative work, claims management, and patient information.
- Health Record Software: These act as repositories of information, that provides a unified platform to easily access patient records and medical history. Knowing the health records of a patient gives the healthcare professional a better idea of providing treatment.
- E-Medicine order software: Share medicine orders with ease to patients using this application.
- Monitoring software: This software allows healthcare providers to closely monitor the health of patients. This is useful for patients who are chronically ill or are at some incapacity to take care of themselves.
How to Build a Custom Healthcare Software Development?
A software solution for your healthcare facility or business is a great initiative as the above-mentioned stats prove how much they are in demand. It also has other advantages like optimizing performance, improving efficiency, increasing revenue, and increasing customer satisfaction.
There are two ways to build a custom healthcare software
- employing an in-house team of developers
While employing an in-house team may seem like a feasible option due to proximity, speed, and efficiency, it has many disadvantages like higher expenditure, lack of expertise or experience, etc.
Time and again healthcare facilities chose to employ outsourced talent to build custom software for healthcare.
Before you consider picking a custom healthcare app development company like EMed HealhTech you should look for technological expertise, industry knowledge, the capacity and scalability of the company, and its developer’s skills. Another important aspect is the security measures that are incorporated into the healthcare app as it deals with very sensitive information.
Why Choose EMed HealthTech to Develop a Custom Healthcare Software?
EMed HealthTech is a leading healthcare IT company that focuses on delivering quality and innovation. We cater to healthcare facilities of all sizes and provide customized healthcare IT solutions that help improve business prospects.
Your search for hiring healthcare software developers ends with EMed HealthTech. Contact us today to get a free estimate for your custom medical software development project.
Future of Technology in Healthcare Industry and Medical Software Development
The Future of Technology in the Healthcare Industry and Medical Software DevelopmentRead more
10 Benefits of 5G Launch on Healthcare in India
10 Benefits of 5G Launch on Healthcare in IndiaRead more
Custom Healthcare Software vs. Readymade Healthcare Software
Custom Healthcare Software vs. Readymade Healthcare SoftwareRead more